Sub-Channel Analysis Code: STAFAS
The sub-channel analysis code STAFAS was originally developed for single phase super-critical pressure water cooled reactors.
- Fluids of single phase flow with arbitrary variation of properties
- Complex fuel assembly configuration
- Capability of macro-channel approach
- High flexibility of user interaction and application extension
- High numerical stability
- Super-critical water cooled reactors (SCWR)
- Heavy liquid metal cooled reactors
The figure on the right side shows the coolant temperature in different sub-channels of a SCWR fuel assembly with square lattice, as indicated in the left figure. In the next step, the STAFAS code will be extended to HLM-cooled reactors.
(1)blankX. Cheng, T. Schulenberg, D. Bittermann, P. Rau, Design Analysis of Core Assemblies for Supercritical Pressure Conditions, Nuclear Engineering and Design, Vol.223, Issue 3, pp.279-294, August 2003