GASFLOW is highly verified and validated, reliable 3D-CFD-Software for simulation of gas and dust mixing/distribution. GASFLOW solves the Navier-Stokes-equations
- on Cartesian or cylindrical grids
- in complex, multiconnected rooms
- accounting for heat transfer with solid structures
- including condensation and evaporation and
GASFLOW provides models for special risk mitigation technologies like
- inerting, passive autocatalytic recombiners, igniters and
- water sprays
Provides professional interfaces for user input and output for post processing
Implementation in Fortran 90 on Linux based systems (e.g. Cray, Fujitsu, IBM, NEC, HP, PC clusters etc.)
Notable examples of GASFLOW implementation can be found within the following papers:
- F. Yu, Y. Ji, H. Zhang, A. Class, J. Xiao, T. Jordan, Development of reverse meshing technology on geometry reconstruction for CFD code GASFLOW-MPI, Progress in Nuclear Energy, Volume 118, January 2020, 103124
- X. Lyu, X. Meng, B. Wang, et al.Analysis of different inert gas injection point's influence on hydrogen risk during post-inerting in nuclear power plant[J]. Annals of Nuclear Energy, Volume 129, July 2019, Pages 249-252
- H. Zhang, Y. Li, J. Xiao, T. Jordan, Detached Eddy Simulation of Hydrogen Turbulent Dispersion in Nuclear Containment Compartment Using GASFLOW-MPI, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, Volume 43, Issue 29, 19 July 2018, Pages 13659-13675.
- Y. Li, J. Xiao, H. Zhang, W. Breitung, J. Travis, Z. Wang, M. Kuznetsov, T. Jordan, ANALYSIS OF TRANSIENT HYDROGEN RELEASE, DISPERSION AND EXPLOSION IN A TUNNEL WITH FUEL CELL VEHICLES USING ALL-SPEED CFD CODE GASFLOW-MPI, International Conference on Hydrogen Safety, 24-26 September 2019, Adelaide, Australia.
For further information, please refer to the official GASFLOW-MPI website.